 Off-Topic / Debate / 26495
Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:07:38 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Ken Nagel wrote:

   I’m pretty sure the duck wasn’t marketed as a “limited edition of 10,000”.

I’m pretty sure that the 10152 wasn’t either. This whole thing seems to turn on a mistranslation more than anything else. That’s pretty funny at one level, actually.

It was in Jake Mckee’s own words as well as press releases and marketing through SHO

   Most of the rest of the difference appears to be cultural, we seem to have a culture of collectors that value different things than other collectors do. I’m a collector and I’m proud of my collection. But I collect for my own reasons,

SNIP

I too however it strikes directly at fundemental honesty and respect for the consumer that Lego would do this.

SNIP

   Their move was compleatly unethical and problably leaves them open to a class action law suit.

It would be a terrifically sad day for the legal system if that came to pass.

Not really I’d welcome it as it’s hightime certain people got knocked off their high horses.

But more seriously, listen to yourself. It’s a toy. Get a grip and get over yourself. Seriously.

LEGO owes you NOTHING. And you owe LEGO nothing either, except that if you want to buy their stuff, feel free, and if you don’t want to buy it, also feel free.

This conversation has run its course and then some.

SNIP

Listen to YOURSELF. My gole is for the company to survive which as of right now it is not. You however want to defend them for whatever they do even if it drags them further down the hole.

Lego personaly owes me nothing however they exist to make a profit. They are for years now a failure. If the bone headed managment decisions continue, of which the 10152 fiasco is only the latest, The company will fall. Someone would likely pick up the pieces however the result may have as much in common with what we love as the duck.