 Off-Topic / Debate / 26433
Re: The PATRIOT act is a fine law!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:27:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lee Meyer wrote:
and you'll never catch me saying anything different!  Not any more!

http://www.holtuncensored.com/members/index.html#invasion

(I found that via nosing around on the site after finding THIS link (about
writing mistakes, totally unrelated but also good):
http://www.holtuncensored.com/ten_mistakes.html via a webcomic! I love the
internet! )

Hi Larry,

gotta tell you, there are many parts of PAI and PAII I am very unhappy about, as
a conservative.  While I think it is good for the FBI and CIA to be able to talk
with each other regarding terrorism and share info, these sneak and peek
warrantless searches, and all the other non-terrorist stuff violates personal
liberties expressed in the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the
Bill of Rights.  Being able to get records without warrants and searching
without ever telling a person is just Stalinist at its core.

Agreed. it's very frightening. (in case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic
with my Subject line and statements....)