 Off-Topic / Debate / 26427
26426  |  26428
Subject:
A Small Rant About Word Usage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 05:45:15 GMT

Am I the only annoyed by the use of the word "ouster".   The definition of this word make no sense when compared to other words with the "-er" suffix.  To me the only usage of this word should be in referring to "someone in the process of ousting or has in the past ousted" and not to "the act of ousting".  In other words, instead of saying "I call for the CEO's ouster" one should say "I call for the ousting of the CEO" since the former sounds to me like you calling for "the person who ousted/is ousting the CEO".

Sorry for wasting your time, but this is really starting to annoy me and I had
to vent somewhere.

-Orion