 Off-Topic / Debate / 26403
    Re: Victories for smokefree ballot initiatives —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Where? You have no right to breathe ANY air (clean OR dirty) when on my property, unless I grant it. And conversely I have no right to emit smoke on your property, unless you grant it. Therefore when you're on my property, you will breathe the (...) (20 years ago, 10-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Victories for smokefree ballot initiatives —Tim Courtney
   (...) They're open to the public. We aren't talking about esatblishments that close their doors to people walking in. Nontheless, I don't sense we can agree on this issue, as we take a fundamentally different approach towards individual rights. (...) (20 years ago, 10-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Victories for smokefree ballot initiatives —David Eaton
   (...) Just thought of this one: I think your basis for saying that these establishments should ban smoking is for the employees, not the customers. Basically that if the employees were, say, robots, that it would be ok to have bars that allowed (...) (20 years ago, 10-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)