 Off-Topic / Debate / 26325
    Re: TV-B-Gone —Tim Courtney
   (...) I wouldn't use one of these in a sports bar, but then again, that's one reason I don't go to sports bars. I'm mostly concerned about public places -- city buses, cafeterias, airports, and the like. I'm prepared to take an active stance to (...) (20 years ago, 28-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: TV-B-Gone —Dan Boger
     (...) Is it ok to "force" music in public? Or overhearing people talk to each other, or on cellphones? What about the people in the airport that have a few hours to kill, and you turning off the TV will make their wait feel that much longer? Why do (...) (20 years ago, 28-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: TV-B-Gone —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Your city buses have TVs? (...) Are cafeterias in general public places? Most of the ones I've been in are privately owned and operated, where the requirement that you ask permission first seems paramount. I've never yet been turned down when (...) (20 years ago, 28-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)