 Off-Topic / Debate / 26297
Re: Crucial Endorsement for Bush
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:04:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   It is a funny old world.

I wouldn’t read too much into this sort of political endorsement. The same sort of thing happened four years ago, when Saddam was very much in support of Gore (because Bush’s dad whupped him) while Pol Pot supported Bush because he’d been Clinton’s VP. Eminem and Marilyn Manson were likewise cited as being split on who they supported.

Anyways, in this case, it appears that the Iranian in question is probably a member of the elected government, which we are reportedly on good terms with. It’s the religious leaders, who hold the real power in Iran, that are supposed to be the reason Iran was batched with Iraq and North Korea in the Axis of Evil.