 Off-Topic / Debate / 26091
26090  |  26092
Subject:
Who looked like the bigger idiot?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:22:33 GMT

I suppose I could have been nicer and said, "Who won the debate?"  Bush looked
like a bad impression of Chevy Chase when he was making faces while Kerry was
talking.  I couldn't figure out if he was annoyed with Kerry, somewhat drunk, or
was suffering from gas (his own internal, John).

The impression I got from Kerry was that he was firm and unwavering in his
decisions, except when he wasn't.  And the impression I got from Bush was that
the best thing one could do after making a bad decision was to brazen it out and
pretend like no bad decision was made.

From a less sarcastic viewpoint, the candidates picked their ground and at least
voters have something to decide on.  From the emotional/style standpoint (i.e.
what counts in debates, rightly or wrongly - I think Nixon won his debate over
Kennedy), I'd say Kerry gained the most from the debate simply because he came
off as a firm and confident speaker, very "presidential", when that was the
quality that his campaign has been lacking to date.