 Off-Topic / Debate / 26035
  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) reality, my good friend, does not always determine what is right and what is wrong. needless to say my children will know about the "reality" of homosexuality sooner than i ever did. but to say that, "homosexuality, kids, is a part of society (...) (20 years ago, 24-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) Perfect example of how laws have changed as regards to murder. At one time, it was acceptable to offer a duel to a party who insulted you. If one or the other of you died (was murdered), there was no criminal penalty. Both of you went into it (...) (20 years ago, 24-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) Tell me this: Is an action "right" because God says so, or is it "right" regardless of what God says? If the former, then it's an arbitrary moral system. If the latter, then God is subordinate to morality and therefore he's not supreme. (...) (20 years ago, 24-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) Things that are clearly wrong are those things that clearly harm others. Like abuse and neglect of children. Not like consensual sexual activities. Homosexuality isn't right because it's part of society, it's right because no one is harmed. (...) (20 years ago, 24-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)