 Off-Topic / Debate / 25999
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:51:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lee Meyer wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kevin Wilson wrote:

Secondly, knowing someone's sexual orientation is not the same as "sexual
secrets". It tells you what gender of people they fall in love with, have
partner relationships with, build a family with, have sex with. It doesn't tell
you what they do in bed. Anything of that nature is coming out of the person
hearing the declaration's imagination.

Kevin

Verbal gymnastics from Kevin.  Sexual orientation may not tell you the specific
acts a particular couple performs in bed, but you'd have to be an idiot not to
know THE RANGE OF POSSIBLE ACTS two men or two women might do in bed together

But isn't there a huge distinction here?  Say, for instance, I said the
following in the .storage group:

"I was digging through my big bin of bricks last night, but the noise was really
annoying my SO, because she was trying to sleep.  I really need a better storage
system so I can find my pieces easily."

Now, that is completely on-topic (I would contend), and virtually identical
posts have appeared in .storage in the past.  But given your post above, you'd
have to be an idiot not to know the range of possible acts that she and I might
do in bed together, in that very bed she's trying to sleep in.  By virtue of
mentioning my SO, by your logic, especially since I've mentioned that she was IN
BED, I've dragged in a whole sexual discussion that doesn't belong in Lugnet.

Bruce