 Off-Topic / Debate / 25652
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:22:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher L. Weeks wrote:
   Now there’s a topic worthy of off-topic.debate!

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Kollross wrote:

   Parents should feel comforatable letting their kids view and post to LUGNET without fear of encoumtering topics they may feel are inappropriate for their childs age.

I agree! Parents should feel comfortable, knowing that no topics contained herein will harm their children. It is a very serious shame that many parents are so confused aout right and wrong and health and harm that they might consider the exposure to homosexuals “inappropriate for their” children.

Don’t try and turn this into a homophobic issue. Topics WRT to sex are inappropriate for a family-safe site like LUGNET (save off-topic.debate)

   But what can we do about it?

You can respect the desires of some parents who don’t wish their children exposed to these topics in this type of forum. What is so difficult about that?

   Forced re-education camps are pretty antithetical to our way of life even if that’s what is called for.

Well, that’s just your opinion IMO.

   Did you have a suggestion?

Play well

JOHN