 Off-Topic / Debate / 25627
  Re: Help me with the math

(...) The point is that Dubya did not invent the intelligence and mislead us into war. Everyone was mislead including Dubya. (...) Well the last pro-Kerry Ad I heard on the radio says that John Kerry stands by his descision to vote for military (...) (20 years ago, 11-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Help me with the math

(...) I do not think that is truly representing it accurately. It was Dubya's staff that rather willfully read into the intelligence what they wanted to hear, or possibly exploited what was there by presenting what the higher ups wanted/expected to (...) (20 years ago, 11-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Help me with the math

(...) Bruce gave a good refutation of this, and in any case the buck doesn't stop with everyone else--it stops with Dubya. If he endorsed the intelligence report, then he, as the highest link in the chain, bears primary responsibility for the (...) (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)