 Off-Topic / Debate / 25465
Re: suspended Bricklink shops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:59:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
Hey all,
Over the past few days and possibly weeks the Bricklink administration has been
suspending stores for seemingly minor violations with the TOS of the Bricklink
site. So far Larry p. has been suspended and now completely removed from the
bricklink site. For more information please see this thread on Bricklink:
http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=63820

I have also found that one of my favorite stores:  Anne's Virtual Lego Shop has
also been suspended.

Could someone please explain this insanity to me?
OnDrew

   I think if he violated the TOS, he deserves what he received.  No one is
above the law/TOS.  I have seen his B/L shop before, and was un-impressed by
some of the things put in the descriptions.  If someone is that busy, maybe they
shouldn't run a B/L shop in the first place, as well as if they are not happy
with the system by which is operates, don't use it.
   I for one am glad that what happened, happened.  It shows the operators of
B/L are serious about providing a good service to the community.  I don't feel
that anyone or anything will surfer as a result of what has happened.  Even if
he has contibruted as much as some people want to believe, this will have little
to no effect on anything.

    Sometimes, people need to realize that they aren't always right, even if
they think they are. (and yes, this includes me)

   Ohh well, my 2 cents.

Jamie