 Off-Topic / Debate / 25456
Re: suspended Bricklink shops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:51:10 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jason Spears wrote:
   http://www.bricklink.com/tos.asp

Unless I’m seriously misreading Item 8 of the TOS correctly, then Bricklink has the right to revoke Lar’s membership without prior notice. That means that his membership can be yanked because he has too many letters in his name, because he parts his hair on the wrong side, or because he actively engaged in fraud. By accepting the terms of service, Lar accepted this possibility, and he has no stance to dispute it now. If he objects to the TOS, that’s his right of course, but he entered into the contract under the terms of the contract, and Bricklink is now enforcing those terms.

Just because BrickLink has the right to pull Lar’s membership, doesn’t mean BrickLink should. It’s my opinion that Admin shouldn’t have handled this situation this way and I’m letting him know that I think he should have handled it better. And that he still could change what has been done.

IMO BrickLink *should* pull the membership of any member who, in BrickLink’s opinion, violates the TOS

This is like saying that your driver license should be revoked if you violate even the most insignifcant traffic law or that you should be sentenced to life in prison for jaywalking.

-Orion