 Off-Topic / Debate / 25440
Re: suspended Bricklink shops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:50:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
My post was based only on undisputed comments.

Scott A

No -- it is not undisputed that the reason he was banned was a TOS violation.
He broke it, was corrected, and made an earnest attempt to comply. After his
attempt to comply he was banned without recourse.

-Tim

The following posts shed light on this:
http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=63847
http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=63963

Based on these, I don't believe that Larry's correction was earnest, but rather
calculating. My guess (yes, it's a guess)is that it was the phrase "Until
perpetual stock is implemented," that was the point of contention. Larry wanted
a certain service added to BL, Dan either couldn't or wouldn't add it, so Larry
engaged in calculated civil disobedience. Dan called him on it and Larry made a
show of 'complying' while still maintaining his disobedience, so he's out.

Alan