 Off-Topic / Debate / 25438
Re: suspended Bricklink shops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:21:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

   Look at what has happened. The seller deliberately continued to break the ToS! Given that Dan has a duty to protect buyers; how else could he react? You appear to be suggesting he should have renegotiated the ToS!?

No ...

Yes, read his very words: “Dan informed me yesterday that I needed to remove that wording as it’s a ToS violation. I responded with a suggestion for a different approach.”

Scott A

   he was attempting to comply with the ToS and proposed a solution when he was cut off at the knees.

That’s my belief having read the discussion *and* having spoken with Lar. I’ll defend him based on the interactions I’ve observed (recent and in the past) and based on my knowledge of his character and intent. However, its not best coming from me - Lar should really say his piece about what he was doing and make his case if he so chooses. From what I understand, he’s unwinding from being on the road for BrickFest and GenCon so he’s still getting caught up with all of this nonsense.

-Tim