 Off-Topic / Debate / 25406
Re: Atheism (was: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 01:37:07 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote: (snip)

   “God not only plays dice, he sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen.”

-S.Hawking

Isn’t he that guy who is lousy at winning bets?

Actually, considering he has been rolling dice with death for 40 years and surviving, I’d have to disagree with that.

Good point. Of course, I was intimating to this.

   Perhaps you should get religion and become a gamer. :-)

I’m assuming you meant forget religion and become a gamer:-)

You weren’t paying attention. :-)

Sorry, I have a cold. ;-)

   but Some Whining Idiot brought up the subject of New Gray to the holder of the Largest Collection of Old Gray in Existence. Cue Ragnorak

Had to google “Ragnorak”...

“Doom of the Gods.” Gotterdammerung, but I don’t remember how to spell that.

lol Some help Google™ was! I was HERE! Guess I need to bone up on the ol’ Norse Mythology!

   or Armageddon

Gotcha on that one-- loved that movie;-D

I have that currently rated as the single worst movie I have ever had the misfortune to see. But I wasn’t refering to anything as bad as that movie - just the end of the world.

You obviously never saw PYTHON. I bought the DVD for $5 and threw it away! The reference to the movie Armageddon was a sort of joke-- FWIW, I have actually been to the valley of Armageddon....

   or Shiva’s Dance Collection, depending on your time period and geographic local.

More googling. Sounds like an interesting documentary-- I didn’t know Art Linkletter was working again...;-)

Art Linkletter and Shiva the Destroyer in the same sentence? The mind boggles.

Mission accomplished.

   Anyway, the common thread was different mythologies and the end of the world. Shiva just boogies to it.

Gotcha. I fear that you are too esoteric for my provincial ways:-)

JOHN