 Off-Topic / Debate / 25402
Re: Atheism (was: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 03:19:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote: (snip)

   “God not only plays dice, he sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen.”

-S.Hawkins

Isn’t he that guy who is lousy at winning bets?

   -Any role-playing Game-Master

Well I have a tough enough time IRL so I’m not privy to this world. Perhaps that is why there are such things? :-)

   Perhaps you should get religion and become a gamer. :-)

I’m assuming you meant forget religion and become a gamer:-)

   Divine revelation and interpretation: The Green-Eyed Devil’s Advocate offered to sacrifice (non-religiously correct translation: “bribe”) an illegal Book of Helpful Clues to bail out the entire planet. Clearly he had paid attention to God’s complaint regarding video games. God, Who was baffled by the Idiot Programmer Of The Game In Question and was ready to Destroy the Entire Planet in frustration inquired if it had the code that would allow him to play in the “god” mode (indestructible, infinite lives, able to change any numerical parameters of the game, etc.) so that he could either a) cheat, or b) get by the frustrating parts, or c) get his cheap jollies by playing god with the hexadecimal lives of Little Computer People. God did smile upon this offering, and was all set to Rescind the Hyperspatial By-Pass that was scheduled to remove the planet to the nearest toxic waste dump and shower the people with anchovies and fruit-bats,

“fruit-bats”? Named “Eric”?

   but Some Whining Idiot brought up the subject of New Gray to the holder of the Largest Collection of Old Gray in Existence. Cue Ragnorak

Had to google “Ragnorak”...

   or Armageddon

Gotcha on that one-- loved that movie;-D

   or Shiva’s Dance Collection, depending on your time period and geographic local.

More googling. Sounds like an interesting documentary-- I didn’t know Art Linkletter was working again...;-)

   Green-Eyed Devil’s Advocate - who clearly has faith that God has a sense of humor or prays that there isn’t a God if He doesn’t

Amen to that.

JOHN