 Off-Topic / Debate / 25392
Re: Evolution... it never ends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 16:51:10 GMT

My body hair, nipples, appendix and coccyx all appear to have no real purpose. Why did God give me these?

Scott A

They are all (excepting nipples) vestigal remnants of things that were useful in the past (warmth,digestion,tail). The original need for those things has disapeared and in fact they have proved better not to have so natural selection has bred them out. The remaining elements don’t have a positive or negative effect so remain (alternativly they are still gradually disappearing) But then that’s evolution! But that doesn’t answer your question. Perhaps God didn’t specifically give you them, perhaps he created evolution which made you end up with them.

Tim