 Off-Topic / Debate / 2530
Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 16:24:49 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:15:57 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net>
wrote:
Jasper Janssen wrote:

Same thing. And just as silly.

Jasper, stop trolling. :-)

What else would I do on sunday nights? ;)

We've discussed what Libertarianism is and isn't in some depth, and you
know darn well that it is not anarchy or anything like it.

The longer I think about it (and speak to some slightly more hardcore
libertarians over on other places), the harder it gets for me to
distinguish (hardcore) libertarianism from anarchism.

The only difference that matters, as far as I can see, is that
libertarianism is allegedly based on rights, whereas anarchy is based
on chaos. The implementation, however, is virtually the same -
hardcore libertarians feel that doing without government and police is
The Way to do it. Without government, there are no laws. Therefore,
all three legs of the tripod are missing. All that you're left with is
anarchy, or, in other words, whoever has the most potential to keep
the people around him happy (usually money)(and to get those people to
protect him from everyone else), essentially rules.

See: Robber Barons, "I owe my soul to the company store", etc.

Note that I do know you've stated you're not that hardcore, but let's
keep this impersonal for now.

Jasper

Scott E. Sanburn
CAD Operator
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/

Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Main LEGO Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Soon to come: Star Wars LEGO Sets Parts Selling Page!