 Off-Topic / Debate / 25248
25247  |  25249
Subject:
Third time's the charm?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 19:23:02 GMT

First it was the crew of the aircraft carrier.

Then it was Dubya’s advisors.

And now apparently it’s all the fault of Tommy “Abandon the Constitution” Franks:

“That’s my fault, that George W. Bush said what he said on the first of May of last year, just because I asked him to,” said Franks, former commander of forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.

So let me get this straight: Our President is so unable to think for himself that when someone floats an idiotic idea past him, he can’t bring himself to object to it? Is this the kind of visionless, myopic puppet we want in office for another four years?

And yet somehow people trust him to keep us safe because he understands the common man.

Dave!