 Off-Topic / Debate / 25223
    Re: Preaching to the Choir —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) Maybe you mean only as a result of 911, but if not, you both seem to have an odd stance here. My second amendment liberties have been eroded by both sides of the spectrum. Each side has an agenda and neither of them are my freedom. Chris (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Preaching to the Choir —Dave Schuler
     (...) Hey, you're missing the big picture. You're certainly free to marry one person of the opposite sex, free to own a registered firearm that meets certain specifications (as long as you also meet certain specifications), free to speak English as (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Preaching to the Choir —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Exactly the point I was making upthread as to why I reject both sides and plan to (probably) vote Libertarian. Kerry voted for the Patriot Act, after all, if I am not mistaken, and has no plans to repudiate it, or the War on Drugs or any of (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Preaching to the Choir —Dave Schuler
   (...) Well, nobody's perfect. Me, I'd vote for the candidate who'll deliver a half gallon of premium ice cream to my door each morning. Lacking that candidate I can either vote for her as a write-in, or I can vote for the candidate who gets closest (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Preaching to the Choir —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Escape the situation if possible, or enumerate the differences if escape wasn't possible, with the proviso that I was being coerced into doing so, and you didn't have the sanction of the victim to do that to me... (...) No. I think the claim (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Preaching to the Choir —Scott Arthur
   (...) Iraq, Saudi Arabia and possibly Israel may well be major foreign policy challenges over the next 4-8 years. Who do you trust most to deal with them without involving corporate handouts and religious ideology? Scott A (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Preaching to the Choir —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) I don't think there's any reason to expect members of either party to deal with them in without those kinds of baggage. Why do you? Chris (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)