 Off-Topic / Debate / 25208
Re: Preaching to the Choir
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 17:15:52 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

   The Right (that’s you, John, and your ilk) wants to take away my personal *rights*.

   The Left (that’s you, Richard, and you, Scott, and your ilk) wants to tax and regulate me till there’s nothing *left*.

Myself, I’ll probably still vote Libertarian.

Me Me Me. Typical libertarian!

I have never said or implied that I want to “tax and regulate till there’s nothing left”. I do believe that society has a responsibility to provide basic services such as healthcare and education. Does that make me part of the left?

Yes. You make it sound like a bad thing. :-)

I’m not sure that society has any such “responsiblity”, I just think it makes for a better society.

You should vote based on what is best for your country; not what is best for you.

“Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.”

And just as an aside, in checking I got that right, the first three different hits punctuated that all differently: colon, semi-colon, and dash. I thought semi-colon correct, so that’s what I used. English majors?

-->Bruce<--