 Off-Topic / Debate / 25194
  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) Good point, Lar. American politics is not a one-dimensional field, and I did not intend to belittle the parties/movements/ideologies that do not fit neatly into nice little red & blue boxes. As for your head-in-the-sand approach, well, best of (...) (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) It's not that I am doing nothing. I think Bush is going to lose(1), when all is said and done. It's just that the other alternative doesn't excite me much. 1 - if he keeps saying things like this, maybe people will realise he IS saying the (...) (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) Mispoke? I'd call it a Freudian slip. :-) -->Bruce<-- (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) Well I hope you're right that he's going to lose. I would have hoped to see some movement in the polls (for whatever they're worth) but I suppose the real test will be when the fur starts flying at the debates. (...) not even news anymore when (...) (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) Meanwhile, our political race is neck and neck (so say the "polls") and our election is due to be announced Any Time Now. I really can't get excited about either major party here either. Of course voting is compulsory here. I could vote (...) (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)