 Off-Topic / Debate / 25188
Re: Save the ipod, stop the INDUCE act
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 14:21:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney wrote:
The record and movies industries are pressuring Congress to pass a bill this
week that will threaten the iPod and peer-to-peer networks.

I just sent free faxes urging my reps in Congress to stop the INDUCE Act.
Convincing even a single Senator will force a real debate on the bill.

Check out: http://www.savetheipod.com

It has more info about the INDUCE Act and a form to fax your Senators and
Representative.  It only takes a few seconds to send a fax through your browser,
and it is really important that we respond to this legislation quickly.

-Tim

Hey Tim,

Thanks for posting this!  I can imagine this bill would affect DVR (i.e. TiVo)
owners too.

Adr.