 Off-Topic / Debate / 25113
    Re: What's the point of wearing rubber gloves... —Pete White
   (...) It's also funny (maybe not) when sandwich-makers used their gloved hand to take your money and return change, then return to sandwich production. I hate to think what lurks on paper money passed from hand to hand, though in Australia we have (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: What's the point of wearing rubber gloves... —David Laswell
     (...) I have, thankfully, never experienced that (at least not that I can recall). The closest I've seen is when they tend the register before removing the gloves, but the gloves ultimately end up being discarded before they get back to the food (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: What's the point of wearing rubber gloves... —Scott Arthur
   (...) Have you ever heard the phrase "what does not kill you makes you stronger"? I'm a big fan of food hygeine, but I also feel that germs are a friends too! Scott A (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: What's the point of wearing rubber gloves... —Dave Schuler
   (...) I once saw a friend (a microbiologist) pick up his ice cream sandwich from where he'd dropped it in the dirt, and he ate it without pause or brushing it off. When a few of us expressed our disgust, he noted that "the dirtiest thing we eat (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)