 Off-Topic / Debate / 25104
25103  |  25105
Subject:
If I can't, do it ... maybe you can... (torture that prisoner for me, I mean)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:24:25 GMT

A suit has been brought against my dear friend John Ashcroft, et. al. to force
the goverment to stop asking their dear friends the Saudis to keep a US citizen
in custody without bail, charges, or trial.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&e=3&u=/ap/20040728/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/saudi_detainee

Meanwhile Jonah Goldberg, who really ought to know better, spins what Ashcroft
and W are up to as "fighting for the survival of liberty": (the dems) " say he's
violated civil liberties when he's been fighting for the survival of liberty."
As if.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2004-07-27-goldberg_x.htm

Interesting way of fighting FOR by fighting AGAINST.

Benjamin Franklin: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." (1)

1 - which quote I found on Google via a search that also led me to THIS tidbit:
http://www.affbrainwash.com/archives/007514.php  ... Gulp! who are these guys?