 Off-Topic / Debate / 25081
Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:35:40 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

   Not the way I understand what an agnostic is. An agnostic holds that the ultimate truth about God existing or not existing is not knowable. That’s not undecided, though many undecided people misuse the term “agnostic” to describe themselves. An agnostic is holding a firm position, undecided people aren’t (contrast 1) You can’t prove to me that God does or does not exists, with 2) Maybe God exists, maybe he doesn’t, Idunno). Describing an agnostic as “undecided” is like calling a scientist undecided about the theory of relativity because he can change his conviction based on later evidence.

For the sake of a disclaimer I should probably underscore that my use of “undecided” in this context was to address a popular connotation of the word agnostic, rather than a literal denotation.

Dave!

You mean that you understand the correct and incorrect usage but are willfully contributing to the further incorrect usage? ;-)

00>Bruce<01