 Off-Topic / Debate / 25021
Re: Big 2 willing to help with ballot access?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:09:24 GMT

It was reported in the local press that Ralph Nader is getting some aid in his
quest to get on the MI ballot from an (at first glance) unexpected quarter.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20040709/ap_on_el_pr/nader_petitions

...the GOP!

yes, as long as the big two think a third party or independent candidate can, by
being on the ballot, spoil things for their opposition, they'r perfectly happy
to waste their donors time and money in helping overcome the bogus barriers they
themselves erected to keep elections less free.

If I was a GOP donor with a sense of ethics (1) I'd be annoyed.

1 - Yes, I think these do exist.

The GOP has already pulled this trick - Washington, Oregon?  And I think they
got challenged on some technical grounds, but I don't know the specifics.
Anyway, what do you expect from the party of Tricky Dick and a candidate from
Texas?

-->Bruce<--