 Off-Topic / Debate / 25007
    Re: American Idolatry —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) OK, so here's how I see it. When I see A s s h o l e printed out, I think that world to myself. When I see A-hole printed out, I think the same exact word to myself and just a little side-adendum in my mind about why they used that (local (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: American Idolatry —John Neal
   (...) No, Chris, we are talking about discussions about the word, not using it as a pejorative to somebody. It is more civil of me to skirt typing the actual word than to type it. JOHN (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)