 Off-Topic / Debate / 24973
    Re: American Idolatry —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Because it's a freedom of speech issue. Same as I support the right of the KKK to march, wear silly sheets, and say mean things(1), while choosing not to actually march, sheetify, or mean-emit with them. Some constitutional scholar you are! (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: American Idolatry —John Neal
   (...) What I was driving at is: if you were to express dissatisfaction, why wouldn't you choose to burn a flag? I was never questioning the right to do it; I was questioning the wisdom of doing it. JOHN (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)