 Off-Topic / Debate / 24917
Re: polygyny in "biblical times"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:03:03 GMT

And the scary bit is that, from what I've read, all Dave's seem to be on the
same page regarding this issue, and these Dave's come from widely divergent
backgrounds.

Actually, I don't believe I've stated my opinion on whether gays should be
allowed to marry, just on who should be able to say whether they can or can't
(not the church, and not the federal government, because the US Constitution
relegates that power to the individual states), and on the issue of inter-state
same-sex marriage legality (I don't oppose the right of one state to not
recognize another state's same-sex marriage as long as it's worded in such a way
that it can't be selectively recognized or ignored where convenient as a means
of affecting stuff like inheritance, alimony, or resident alien status).