 Off-Topic / Debate / 24875
  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) We'd lose any remaining credibility if we just annexed them into the US (not to mention the added drawback of being permanently stuck with them until either we or they are all dead, which is really a greater cost than the oil is worth), and we (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) Oh, yeah, I don't think we should annex them. But if we're going to hang out we need to stop hemorrhaging. The way to do that is to break their will to resist. (...) Sure, that would be a wild, stunning and amazing victory. Fat chance. (...) I (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)