 Off-Topic / Debate / 24811
    Re: Question for the Conservatives out there —Dave Schuler
   (...) Don't go to any trouble--I didn't mean to give you an assignment. Honestly, I should just suggest to my friend that she check it out herself. After all, it's her dilemma. Thanks all the same. Dave! (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Question for the Conservatives out there —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) OK, I was totally wrong. The US pretends that dual citizenship doesn't exist. It's neither expressly forbidden nor permitted. Some nations, like Germany expressly forbid it. Dual citizens primarily risk losing their citizenship by (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Question for the Conservatives out there —David Laswell
   (...) It is forbidden, but not very strongly. It's basically under optional enforcement, so the US can revoke your citizenship whenever it's convenient as long as it can be proven that you've done something that warrants such action. Technically the (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)