 Off-Topic / Debate / 24791
Re: Question for the Conservatives out there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:50:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford wrote:
And I liked the quote from Ciro Rodriguez: "If they do this, boy, my God,
they're extremely desperate". I'm wondering if strapping a bomb to yourself
and blowing it up, or flying a plane into a building only requires you to be
a little bit desperate?

Evidentally not, since passengers on the ill-fated 9/11 flights were telling
friends/family that the pilots had to lock their fellow-terrorists out of the
cockpit to prevent them from retaking control of the planes to save their lives.

You've got to be pretty messed in the head to go out and do something in the
name of your religion when it's patently forbidden by that same religion with
threats of dire consequences in the afterlife for those who do it anyways.