 Off-Topic / Debate / 24737
Re: Geography (was: We'll take in your poor....)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 23:43:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   Did your SAT test cover geography? ;)

No, and neither did the various geography courses I’ve taken cover much in the way of Scottish history, but when a Scottsman marries into your family, you tend to develop a certain amount of curiosity.

Ummmm scotsman only has one “t” :)

And as an aside, it is a commonly held (mis?)conception in Australia (and more than likely elsewhere) that most Americans couldn’t point to their home town on a map. But I was disappointed to see a Letterman show recently where Dave asked a woman from Perth (Aus) whether the ocean adjacent to Perth was the Indian ocean, to which the reply was “I have no idea”. Proof that there’s even some uneducated Australians ;)

ROSCO