 Off-Topic / Debate / 24731
Re: We'll take in your poor, your homeless, your oppressed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 15:28:18 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Laswell wrote:

   I’m considerably less than shocked to hear that. England still came back nearly 40 years after the American Revolution and tried to subjugate us again, Scotland is under British control despite having won freedom from them in 1314...

Britain comprises Scotland, England and Wales (i.e. Britain can’t subjugate Scotland as it is part of it). Scotland is now a willing part of the UK; the Queen even has a < http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/page559.asp palace> just 5 miles from where I sit.

Did your SAT test cover geography? ;)

James Stewart, son of Mary, Queen of Scots, followed Elizabeth I to the throne, so didn’t Scotland take over England? ;-)

-->Bruce<--