 Off-Topic / Debate / 24722
24721  |  24723
Subject:
Skewed election laws in IL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 16:11:38 GMT

http://www.illinois.gov/PressReleases/ShowPressRelease.cfm?SubjectID=3&RecNum=3197

Just wave a wand and the GOP candidate is on the ticket. The governor of IL is a
Democrat, as it happens, but this passed both IL houses almost unanimously. "You
wash my hand and I'll wash yours" or something like that.

Meanwhile the LP had to raise a lot of money and expend a lot of effort to
collect signatures to get on the ballot:

http://www.lp.org/lpnews/0408/illinoisballotaccess.html

"Libertarian candidates received more than 550,000 votes, with each of the six
statewide LP candidates averaging 85,000 votes, "and we are still not considered
an established party in the state," Trigg noted."

IL was actually one of the less strenuous drives for the LP this year. Note that
many of these certification drives end up with many of the signatures thrown out
on technicalities (1), wasting further time and effort.

So when you hear me questioning whether the US goverment is legitimate, you'll
know why... It's not. It's skewed to keep the big two in power and everyone else
out of power.

What are those guys scared of that they have to keep the system rigged?

1 - kinda reminds you of a dictatorship in some ways, like, oh, this one:
http://www.vcrisis.com/index.php?content=letters/200403021928 or
http://www.venezuelanalysis.com/news.php?newsno=1258 or
http://www.axisoflogic.com/artman/publish/article_7473.shtml