 Off-Topic / Debate / 24655
Re: Fair use and allusion?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 16:10:58 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher L. Weeks wrote:

   Not controlling the flow of oil (or do you have cites for that?), but enabling the free flow of oil to occur. And I said I didn’t want to get into corrupt UN policies...;-)

John’s right. Haliburton will make it’s money just from infrastructure contracts, the oil in this case is almost secondary.

Awww. “Haliburton” again????

Actually, it’s not Haliburton again. It’s Haliburton, still. This is hardly an over-and-done-with matter, no matter how much Conservatives, Neo-Cons, and the administration might wish it were.

This is worth reading because it provides an overview of pending issues, most notably this bit:

Vice President Dick Cheney faces criminal indictments for illegal activities while CEO of energy giant Halliburton and also illegally intervened to secure a $7 billion no-bid contract for his former employer after his election to office, an analysis by the White House counsel’s office concludes.

Is the White House counsel’s office part of The Liberal Media?

Furthermore, why does a multi-billion dollar conflict-of-interest case seem less important to Conservatives than a 30-year-old Arkansas land deal?

Dave!