 Off-Topic / Debate / 24618
Re: Fair use and allusion?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 15:06:50 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

   I still don’t see what your point is here beyond controlling that flow (your original point was how it was obvious that this was all about freeing the Iraqis, yet still admit it was about the oil one way or the other).

Our main objective was eliminating a dangerous threat in the person of SH (via WMD proliferation mainly...

If you do think he had WMD,

Along with everybody else.

   are you not concerned that Bush has engineered a situation whereby OBL’s foot soldiers are apparently crawling all over the country?

What exactly do you mean? Yes, there are terrorists there to attack Americans. But can you not see that we are not the only targets? What if, tomorrow, we were to evacuate completely from Iraq? Do you think that the terrorism in Iraq would stop? Of course not! These terrorists fight against Freedom and Democracy. A free Iraq is now suddenly a greater and more imminent threat to their cause than the existence of the US!

So meanwhile, the war on terrorism is on their turf, not ours.

JOHN