 Off-Topic / Debate / 246
Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 00:54:29 GMT

On Sat, 19 Dec 1998 17:20:37 GMT, Larry Pieniazek
<lpien@ctp.IWANTNOSPAM.com> wrote:
Now THERE'S a debate. Me too. In fact I'm purist. No non LEGO materials,
no modifications, no paint. (2)

But sometimes, I just _have_ to make a modification.  :-)

I have twice.
Once on a 4x4 turntable - separated it and ground a small amount from
the joint on the top half.  I needed it to make the radome for my
Apache.

And I reamed out the axle holes on a 2x2 wheel plate so that a Technic
arm joint pin would fit into the hole.  For my little two-legged rover
on the ULV-017.

Neither one was a big change, and I agonized for quite a while over
them both.  But ultimately, I deemed it a worthwhile sacrifice.

I remember that Karim Nassar had to modify a part long ago for one of
his models.  He had to shorten a 6 long axle down to 5 long.
And now that is a manufactured product of TLG. (1)    Cool.

-- Terry K --
1. No revelance to the debate.  Just an interesting factoid.