 Off-Topic / Debate / 24565
Re: Fair use and allusion?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 00:38:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher L. Weeks wrote:

   Well, Chris, I guess you are entitled to your opinion, no matter how stupid and offensive it is.

JOHN

You gotta love the friendliest place on the internet...

YOU: “See, it was perpetrated on us by those dirty, little, brown people from (flutters hand in silly gesture) over there.  I mean, come on...they all look and sound alike.  So you see, we’re justified to attack any nation full of brown people now.”

I’m not really sure why you said that. Because you think I believe that or you do. It doesn’t even make sense as sarcasm. In any event, you should signal your turns or risk getting hoisted by your own petard. (1)

JOHN

(1) Never pass up a chance to mix a metaphor I always say:-)