 Off-Topic / Debate / 2452
Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 01:04:43 GMT

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:17:03 GMT, Christopher Weeks
<clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote:

Uh, sorry, I mean they should be put down.  (But not by the state since
there shouldn't be a death penalty.)

Taking this remark out of the post..

So what you're saying is, someone, not the state, should have the
right to decide that a) someone is guilty b) that the crime deserves
death c) that he has the right to do this.

So essentially, a random person can just decide to kill someone, just
because they believe the guy to be guilty (note that lynching mobs
quite often kill persons who are _not_ guilty by any objective
standard).

You've all gone bloody insane. Fine, try out you "libertarian"
society. I'd just like to reserve the right to nuke the whole
continent into oblivion when (not if) it goes horribly wrong, and the
danger of swarming americans trying to take over little pieces of the
world becomes too great.

Jasper