 Off-Topic / Debate / 24465
Re: Fair use and allusion?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:48:28 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher L. Weeks wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

   I think you know what I meant.

No, actually I don’t. What I would expect your words to mean is that Democrats are supportive of Moore and Republicans are not. But that’s not what I’m seeing in this thread, so I was curious how you were viewing things. I wasn’t nitpicking.

My view was that those who had noted a dislike for Moore in the past appeared to welcome this apparent opportunity to grind their axes. It’s just an off-the-cuff comment; don’t read too much into it.

And out of curiosity, how would you have guessed I’d fall on the issue?

I’d have thought you would not have a problem with the title of his movie.

   As it turns out, I think his abuse of factual-seeming delivery is shameful, but I find some of his work to be entertaining.

It’s a pity those on the right don’t come under the same level a scrutiny.

Scott A

Chris