 Off-Topic / Debate / 24464
Re: Iron Reich Assault Shuttle U-25
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:19:01 GMT

   I wasn’t aware it was POSSIBLE to care too much about the Great Khan, or his slaphappy sidekick action figure Marco.

That’s the kind of historical attitude I like.

However, I’m not entirely sure Marco isn’t a fake. He makes some big claims (like he met Kublai, was a governor, etc) and yet there is no corresponding Chinese mention of him or any European at that time. That makes most of his stories somewhat suspect, altho, as I understand it, his stories do tend to follow roughly what was happening in China at the time.

My personal favorite sort of stuff is the Steppe side of things, the Chagatai and Ilkhanid khanates, rather than Yuan China.

-Lenpop