 Off-Topic / Debate / 24400
Re: From Reason: "It's all bad news - Chaos in occupied Iraq"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 21:10:55 GMT

   The guy (Hannity) knows his stuff, but maybe not as logically minded as a Coulter or a Medved.

Resurrecting an old point, but I came upon this and thought it was relevant to Hannity “knowing his stuff.”

(shrug)

American Progress CEO John Podesta said, “I think when you get so distant from the facts as -- as guys like Limbaugh and Sean Hannity do, yeah, I think that tends to -- it kind of -- it tends to corrupt the dialogue.”

“So distant from the facts”? He’s just as much a spin doctor as he claims they are!

Most of those examples are trivial, and probably taken out of context. One can cut and paste and make anyone say almost anything. I’d rather see a f2f confrontation with these examples instead of a misleading hacket job.

This devolving into smear tactics about people who comment on the news is disgusting. Let’s debate the ideas, not what he said she said.

“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people” -Eleanor Roosevelt

JOHN