 Off-Topic / Debate / 24282
Re: Question for the Conservatives out there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:48:08 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

   “Research Finds Dogs Understand Language”

I didn’t need research to have figured this out. My dog brings the right toy when I ask for it (tug-of-war, squeeky, ball), and will go look for them where I tell him (upstairs, downstairs). While the bird chimes in “get the ball” once he hears the ball being bounced. And it was gotten to the point that I can’t even spell w-a-l-k out loud without the dog jumping up and down excitedly. The Far Side cartoon got it wrong. ;-)

I practically worshipped Gary Larson, but I digress;-)

Okay, I admit that some animals can learn some things. Perhaps this debate should have begun at the topic of sentiency. Can we not agree that, while being mammels, we are vastly different intellectually than other mammels?

JOHN