 Off-Topic / Debate / 24247
24246  |  24248
Subject:
Consummate sense? I think not!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 08:38:45 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Parsons wrote:

   Nor, for that matter, does it necessarily follow that sanity is possessed by Dave!

And your insistence on the distinction implies that there is some doubt as to Dave!’s sanity.

It was a clever, logical twist on the assertion of Dave! (a joke)

   I am prepared to vouch Dave!’s sanity.

Well, from your statement below, that’s not saying much.

Then again, I think pretty much everyone is sane.

??? Except those who aren’t?

   Even the folks John habitually thinks of as psychotic seem to make consummate sense to me.

“Consummate sense”? Explain and cite please. Are you saying that the diliberate killing of innocent people makes “consummate sense” to try and get one’s will done? What if that will is a religious, holy one? Essentially, it appears to me that you are endorsing a “2 wrongs make a right” stance. Where is the “consummate sense” in that?

Richard is a nice guy; I’m sure he did no mean that.

Personally, I don’t draw a huge distinction between the “deliberate killing of innocent people” and the indiscriminate/disproportionate use of force which results in the “killing of innocent people”.

One has to wonder what the people you “habitually” think of as “psychotic” would have made of Bush’s antics over the weekend. After fighting his muddled “war on terror” and killing 1000’s to get Saddam Hussein’s elusive WMDs, he spent much of the weekend eulogizg the man who supplied Hussein with WMD and funded terrorism and armed America’s enemy in the Middle East.

Consummate sense? I think not!

Scott A

JOHN