 Off-Topic / Debate / 24185
  Re: Not Saving Private Ryan.

(...) Moving, but also problematic. The camera zooms in on the Elder Ryan's tear-filled eyes as he meditates over the graves of his comrades. The film then immediately jumps, flashback-style, to Miller in the landing craft and proceeds from there. (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Not Saving Private Ryan.

(...) It was meant to hide his real identity, and thus disguise the fate of Captain Miller. Not all flashbacks are necessarily that of the character in question, though it may be regarded as a sneaky bit of story-telling subtrafuge and implied (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Not Saving Private Ryan.

(...) I thought the pasta-loving Vin was only shot once? (...) Talking of snipers, I love the scenes in SPR where our heroes tramp across open fields and cross the crests of hills as they are too brave to use cover! Scott A (20 years ago, 2-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)