 Off-Topic / Debate / 24106
Re: Ominous Parallels - or - "losing" the debate with the very first post(1)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2004 17:09:52 GMT

I found this link on Little Gamers (http://www.little-gamers.com/) and it bugs
me a bit... because I think they're right.

http://www.counterpunch.org/cloughley05152004.html

You know I've ranted against the Patriot Act before. Nothing has changed my
opinion. It's bad through and through.

Have you actually read the whole thing?

  http://www.epic.org/privacy/terrorism/hr3162.html

It's freaking enormous!  And it uses a lot of big words too.

What I'm wondering is, assuming you haven't read the whole act,
what makes you trust an interpretation that immediately invokes that
meme you mentioned a short while back?  Can you point to one that
doesn't invoke the meme, but says basically the same thing?  How
about this?

  http://www.eff.org/Privacy/Surveillance/Terrorism/PATRIOT/sunset/

That's what I got with a google search on "Patriot act for dummies".

Don