 Off-Topic / Debate / 24031
Re: What's a freedom fighter?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 14:08:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
Can't we just admit that the world is a crappy place and we come here
to get away from it?

I suppose there are 2 types of people:

+ Those who accept the world is a crappy place.
+ Those who want to do something about it.

You left out a third choice.  Those who like to complain about it.

Which are you?

I don't think I fit in either of your categories.  The world is not
black and white.  I accept the fact that I cannot change much of it
and try to do what little I can to make it a slightly happier place.
I don't have an impressive university web page, but I do have this.

  http://ldglite.sf.net

If it makes 3 people happier, then I've accomplished something.

As an aside, would I bother you less if I were pro-Bush?

Yes, propaganda is propaganda.  It's actually your rabid anti-American
sentiments that I find disturbing.  Look at this.

  http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=24029

No mention of Bush, but a strong anti-American statement.  Am I the
source of *all* the problems in the world?

For the record, I already think of the IRA as a villianous gang.  I
notice you didn't answer that question.

Anyhow, just about every time you start a new topic it's something I
already saw in the morning newspaper.  Same pictures, same words.
When you reprint it here it's merely propaganda.  You don't really
want to discuss it.  You just want everyone to see it, again.

What happened to you to make you this angry?  I can't help but mention
that you never responded when I pointed out the difference between
your early lugnet posts and your current habbits.  It worries me.
Once upon a time I worked with someone who reminds me of you.  He was
a really smart guy with a PhD and all.  But he refused to take his
medicine because it made him feel slow.  His world became very black
and white and he eventually errupted over a very small issue,
frightened everyone in the building, and got himself fired.  He could
be the next uni-bomber.  Don't let that happen to you.  Work on the
lego side of your postcard page for a while.  Try and work some
happiness into your life.  There will always be problems in the world
for you to worry about when you want to.

Don